Tandem Bikes for Sale
We’ve recently started offering the opportunity to post tandems for sale (or wanted-to-buy) on the COWs website.
- Current COWs club members can post an ad for free.
- Non-members can post an ad for $25.
Ads will remain online for up to 6 months (or until sold, whichever comes sooner).
Tandem Bikes for Sale or Wanted-to-Buy
DISCLAIMER: Couples of Wheels cannot guarantee and is not responsible for the accuracy of any ads placed on this website. Couples on Wheels is not involved in any classified transactions, and buyers & sellers will interact directly with one another (please do not contact Couples On Wheels with any questions related to specific ads placed by sellers on this website). Buyers & sellers should be mindful that internet transactions — long distance, or in person, have certain risks. Buyers & Sellers are both at risk for theft by fraud and face-to-face meetings may also present risks of theft & personal safety.
BIKE: 2000 Santana Visa with S&S Couplings
PRICE: $2,200, including its travel case
LOCATION: Madison, WI
DATE POSTED: 5/10/2020
More Info & Specifications
We are selling our Santana Visa (size small), as we can no longer ride it due to my wife’s recent back surgery.
The bike is in very good condition. It was built in 2000, and we purchased it new in 2001.
- Original components (see more) except for new cables, cable housings and bottom brackets installed in a full tune-up in 2015
- S&S couplings
- Airline SafeCase from Santana
- Captain’s stem extender
Price: $2,200 for the bike, including its Airline SafeCase.
The bike is located in Madison, WI. Local pick up or the buyer can pay for shipping the bike in its travel case.
We are selling our Yakima SideWinder tandem roof rack separately for $285, plus shipping.
WANTED TO BUY
We are interested in purchasing a lighter weight upright used tandem. Our current Burley tandem is heavy (40+ lbs). Fred and Carol’s heights are: Fred (5 feet ten inches) and Carol (five feet 5 inches).
DATE POSTED: 2/8/2020
Fred & Carol Pasnecker
Location: Mosinee, WI
BIKE: 1997 Santana Arriva
PRICE: $1,250 or best offer
LOCATION: Milwaukee, WI
DATE POSTED: 8/12/19
More Info & Specifications
1997 Santana Arriva, but it was upgraded about 5 years ago. The drive-train has less than 500 miles on it.
- Bike is Deep Blue with a CroMo Medium (56/53) Frame
- Ultegra Flight Deck Computer
- Ultegra ST-6600 STI Shifters
- Ultegra RD-6600 Rear Derailleur
- Ultegra CS-6600 10-Speed Cassette (12-27)
- Ultegra FD-6603 Front Derailleur
- Ultegra FC-6603 Triple Chain Rings (52-39-30)
- CN-6600 10-Speed Narrow Chain
- SPD Pedals
- Custom 700c Deep-V Rims with Phil Wood Hubs
- Stoker Shock Post
- Spare Set of Continental 28mm Gator Skin Tires
- Rack and Removable Bike Pack
We are asking $1250, and the buyer will have to pay shipping if necessary. We are in the Milwaukee Metro area.